Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lefty: He's bobble-iscious


With the incredible response to last week's Joe Roderick Bobblehead Day, the Muckrakers announced today their second promotion of the season and guess what folks, it's another bobblehead for everyone to play with.
This time the honor will go to another of the recent inductees into the Hall of Shame and one of the most beloved Muckrakers, the one and (thankfully) only Mike "Lefty" Lefkow.
"I got the perfect face for a bobblehead," Lefkow said. "Not to mention, every time I put the daily budget together, my head is always bobbing back and forth. I mean let's face it, I'm a bobblehead maker's wet dream."
Lefty retired two seasons ago when the pressure of work wouldn't allow him to continue his softball career.
"I was just under siege back then," Lefkow said. "I mean, let's face it, I needed a break. Do you have any idea how many times my phone would ring and I would have to go bail Jonathan (Okanes) out of some bad situation he got into with the Cal basketball coach and some announcer.
"I mean, let's face it, I love Jonathan, I just wish he'd lose his cell phone. I hate cell phones."
Rumors are spreading that former Times motorsports writer Gabrielle Stevenson will be on hand to honor her former boss. Lefty doubts it.
"Do you know the name of my fantasy baseball team?" he said. "I mean, let's face it, she won't be there."
And what about Lefkow's recent comments that he might attempt a comeback with the Muckrakers? "I mean, let's face it, I can still play and I plan on....hold on, there goes my phone again...
"Hello? Hello? Jonathan? Is that you? What? I can't hear you. Hello? Jonathan? You did what? I still can't hear you. I mean, let's face it, I hate cell phones. Hello? Jonathan? Hello? Are you there?"

No comments: